Villa Kalisha - Ubud
Parent Friendly Services at Villa Kalisha - Ubud
Unlimited Wi-Fi Internet
Fully Equipped Guest Kitchen
Phone / iPhone Player
Kid Friendly Activities Near Villa Kalisha - Ubud
Day School / Nursery
Kid Friendly Bali Culture
Zoos & Marine Parks
Parent Friendly Activities Near Villa Kalisha - Ubud
Art & Museums
Cliff Top Vistas
Restaurants and Bars
Rice Paddy Views
Temples & Culture
Villa Kalisha Rates
|Season||Low Season||Mid Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|Dates||Jan 7th - Mar 22nd 2018|
Nov 1st - Dec 8th 2017
|Jun 24th – Aug 31st 2017|
Dec 23rd - Jan 6th 2018
Villa Kalisha Description
Villa Kalisha is a spectacular villa, and the view as you first enter the villa is truly something out of the ordinary. The bedrooms are absolutely enormous, and each are equipped with a huge double bed, lots of cupboard space, and even sofas and both have amazing views out through the floor to ceiling windows. Because the rooms are so huge it is easy for cots or extra beds for kids to be added to the bedrooms, but the upstairs TV room also doubles as a bedroom and has two very good quality single sofa beds that can be used as singles, or pushed together to make a great double and a day bed that can be used as a third bed as well.
The bathrooms are even more special. Completely open to the jungle, but still totally secluded, the bathrooms offer great views, and something a bit unusual with a wooden bath in one, and a an old style copper bath in the other. One of the bathrooms even has goldfish in a very shallow pond by the bath, which our kids loved watching as they washed.
The staff are great at Villa Kalisha, speaking excellent English, and providing top quality Balinese and Indonesian meals. They really helped us to explore the absolutely beautiful local countryside, and to experience some amazing local festivals and temple ceremonies.
There is Wifi internet is available throughout the villa, and similar to all the villas listed on Kid Friendly Villas, there are lots of DVDs, books, toys and games for kids at Villa Kalisha.
Villa Kalisha Pros and Cons
We think it is helpful for all the villas that we give guests an objective view of the pros and cons of each villa. Please remember that this is not something that you will get with any other site, where all descriptions tend to be gushingly wonderful and one sided. We do genuinely believe that all of the villas listed on Kid Friendly Villas are great villas, with good locations, great staff and most of all a level of service and a focus on children that most other villas come nowhere close to having.
Villa Kalisha Pros
- A truly spectacular villa, with floor to ceiling glass windows giving amazing views of the breath-taking scenery all around the villa.
- Despite the openness and lightness of the rooms, Villa Kalisha is totally private and not overlooked at all, and so is ideal for honeymooners or romantic escapes.
- This is the ideal villa if you want to get away from it all, but still want all the services of a great hotel, and the attractions of a major town of Ubud close by.
- The area around Villa Kalisha has very picturesque local villages, fascinating and genuine ceremonies and celebrations that the staff will help you explore and some of the most spectacular and beautiful walks that you will find anywhere in Bali.
- Villa Kalisha is actually closer to many of the main attractions of the Ubud area than Ubud centre itself, such as the great temples of Gunung Kawi and Tirta Empul; the elephant park at Taro, the rice terraces at Tegallalang (which are walking distance) and the underground labyrinth at Bali Eco Adventure.
- Villa Kalisha is at a higher altitude than Ubud centre and so enjoys cool temperatures (24° to 26° degrees C) all year round – a welcome relief from the heat and bustle of Ubud.
- The staff at Villa Kalisha are really excellent, speaking fluent English, and able to prepare some really top quality Balinese and Indonesian food, as well as common Western dishes if required as well.
Villa Kalisha Cons
- Although there is a spa and yoga centre a short walk away, Villa Kalisha is about a 20 minute drive from Ubud centre with the local driver Dougie, which costs no more than Rp 250,000 ($18) for a return trip including a stop for a few hours in Ubud.
- Villa Kalisha is not suitable for disabled or elderly guests who struggle with walking or handling steps.
- Mosquitos are seldom a problem at Villa Kalisha because of the altitude even though it is fully equipped with insect nets on the beds, but given the jungle location if you are the sort of person that runs screaming from the room if you see a spider then Villa Kalisha is not for you.
- Villa Kalisha has two absolutely huge bedrooms, and the TV lounge also works as a third bedroom for another couple, or up to three singles. While there is lots of space at the villa to relax and sit, there are however only two bathrooms, which may be too few for larger groups of 6 or more.
- Because of its cool mountain location Villa Kalisha has no need of Air Conditioning, and so there is none at the villa – only room fans.
- Villa Kalisha is in a jungle, and maintenance is a constant battle, and so Villa Kalisha is not as pristine as our villas in drier locations such as Seminyak, Canggu and Jimbaran.
Villa Kalisha - Ubud Video
Villa Kalisha - Ubud Photo Gallery
Villa Kalisha - Ubud Map
Guest Reviews at Villa Kalisha - Ubud
The only thing more amazing than the view from the pool deck, is the hospitality shown by the wonderful staff. We will be back again.
The villa is beautiful, the setting awesome, but the family we met here made it most special. Our children played with Kadek, and giggled for 4 days straight. We will be back.
Our breath was taken away. I know it seems poetic and soppy, but this wonderful feeling hit us and stayed with us our entire stay. We loved Villa Kalisha